Sunday, January 22, 2012

To new beginnings!!!

I like the way life flows after I take a little bit of time to write, to collect my thoughts. I'm happier, my mind is healthier and I'm left with something to look back on, to study, to analyze and to become a better me. I am in full fledged Mommy mode and I love it. I wouldn't trade it for the world. I'm watching a youngin' take her first steps and become confident in herself, making her way in this world...quite literally. At my side, mostly at all times, I've got a beautifully growing four year old who absolutely, positively loves life, something that I am so very proud of and something that I myself love learning from. And I, on most days, sit in the middle of the two most beautiful things that I have ever laid eyes on and try with everything I have  to embrace every single moment...the good and the bad...the tiring and the tedious...the joyful and the hilarious...it's absolutely beautiful, this crazy life and I do not want to miss a second.

So where comes the need to write, to clear, to clarify. I yearn for a fabulous beginning to the year 2012. I am constantly striving for perfection in the imperfect and I find a refreshing sort of motivation in a clean slate or a new beginning. I have an intense desire to evolve and change and never want to let myself settle for what is comfortable, what is easy. I love the finality of documenting an extension of the mind, to give a thought a space, a place to breathe and grow...the option to analyze what is it about life that I love and what it is about life that I want to change. Writing gives me that option to look back and reflect. More importantly, writing gives me the option to look back on my moments with my girls in a beautiful way.

So it's January 21st. Two days after my Sophia's fourth birthday. It's ironic how strongly I feel the need to document and make resolutions more so on Sophia's birthday than on the eve of a New Year. I like what that says about where my need for clarity and change comes from. To me it means it's coming from a good place, from an honest place that stems from the celebration of my big girl and my subconscious need to never settle for less than I'm capable of. As a mom isn't that in essence what we all want for ourselves, our children?

So, let me first identify for myself what this space will be for me. My first goal is not to limit myself in anything that I do, starting with this. It's a great habit to get myself into...'the limitless setting of goals'. I want this space to have as many facets as I need it to. I am excited to write again...I'm excited to feel the satisfaction that comes after I write and use the clarity that writing brings to keep striving for a more positive tomorrow. So here we go.....

No comments:

Post a Comment