Thursday, January 26, 2012

Simplicity.

I like things that aren't too complicated and I really like the idea of living simply. I admire those that don't need much to be happy...that don't need much to be beautiful. I sat today at an anything but peaceful mall playground and watched my little loves, my set of sisters play. Playing has taken on a new meaning for my littlest who is just getting the hang of walking and I found myself drifting off into dreamland watching the two of them interact. I was at peace. I mean think about it...really think about what was going through their minds. Alessandra's biggest worry was how many times she was going to go down the slide and Sophia...my goodness...I don't even think she HAD a care in the world. It was soul food for me. So simple...some may say trivial but I had a MOMENT and I really like how that moment made me feel. I shot out a quick email to my Auntie to mark the moment as happened and made a big ol' mental note to blog about what's the greater good here...what made this my moment. I'm in a different place these days...a place where I'm sort of in a way searching for something deeper, something greater for myself and my girls. I'm eerily aware of the passing time more than I feel I've ever been and I want to enjoy the moments...small or big...and really LIVE every moment, feeling happy and content. I like how simple it feels to watch my girls play. I like how watching them makes me feel centered and focused. I like sitting back and watching Alessandra take steps on her own and seeing how sometimes she looks back for me but also how sometimes she doesn't even need me...she looks for her sister. Nobody told me how special that was going to feel. It is really nice for this mama to see...the importance of family playing out. It is so refreshing and brings me back to all things simple. What is important in life is that my girls are growing well and healthy...that they're happy...that they feel loved. Everything else pales in comparison. And everything else can be gone without. My girls' happiness, simply couldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment